Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Glaciar Alfredo (Alfredo Glacier) and Laguna Azul (Blue Lagoon)



Today was the most magnificent day yet. First is our group picture with our Italiano and Americano friends. 









We then were able to find a couple of Guanaco's (type of camel) The pictures will blow you away. I have never been on a better hike (trek) in entire life. I can barely describe the natural wonder and beauty that we experienced and the overwhelming sense of truly being a part of something inc
redibly special.

WE ARE HIKING IN THE PATAGONIAN ANDES MOUNTAINS IN T-SHIRTS! Watching avalanches fall off the Glaciar and the most beautiful Blue Lagoon imaginable.









The Trek was hard. 16K, or 10 miles. Very steep uphill the last 4 miles, but the reward was more than worth it. I have always loved writing and feel most at peace when I share my thoughts, my views and my experiences with others, but I just have to let these pictures speak for themselves. When you say "Wow" just think of us on the top of the lagoon view seeing it for the first time. Unbelievable.





We'll have dinner with our American friends tonight as Claudio and Marienella had to leave today.

One more post after this one (call it my funny story post) and that will catch us up. We leave Helsingfors tomorrow for Perito Moreno Glaciar and will be staying at Los Nostros.

Ciao!

No comments: